With the Tag Directory Web Part for Microsoft SharePoint Server you can render managed metadata taxonomies, right from the term store, as flat A-Z index or glossary of tags as well-known from technical books. The tags are linked to the SharePoint Tag Profiles or, alternatively, directly to the tagged content. The web part offers an additional navigation to browse the corporate knowledge alphabetically - independent of the storage structure. It helps to find content fast and to build a common corporate language.
Features and benefits:
* More efficient information access: The Tag Directory offers an additional navigation that makes it very easy and fast to find information for users, that don't know, where the information is originally located. A great step forward for any portal.
* Company-wide glossary helps to build a common language: The web part also could be used as some kind of glossary, helpful for employees to find a common language and understanding in the enterprise.
* Well-known navigation - no training required: Alphabetically sorted directories are very common and well-known, e.g. in technical books. Users can work with this technique intuitively.
* No additional effort - Index is built automatically: The index is rendered automatically as a result of content tagging using managed metadata and enterprise keywords. Starting nodes could be given from existing taxonomies. Tagging could be completely automatically with the Auto Tagger component.
* Flexible design and linking: The web part comes with template-based output (XSLT). Additional information can be flexible displayed. The tag can be linked to the tag profile as well as to the tagged content items and documents itself.
* External data can be linked as well using Layer2 BDLC.
* 100% SharePoint 2010 Technology: The solution is completely based on the new Enterprise Metadata Management API of SharePoint 2010/2013.
* Certified as Platform Ready for Microsoft SharePoint
Related Searches: SharePoint, Knowledge Management, Wiki, navigation, reference, directory, A-Z, glossary, taxonomy, category, term, term store, managed metadata, enterprise keywords, tags
Recent Changes: Now separately available or with KM Suite.
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English, German
Additional Requirements: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 / 2013 (All Editions)