Excel Server integrates MS Excel and MS SQL Server into a network-based Enterprise Information Platform, on which business processes can be implemented and deployed easily in a business-oriented and "DIY" manner.
Its highly scalable architecture makes it suitable for both SMEs and huge companies.
- No professional IT knowledge is required for using Excel Server to build the information system for your own business.
- Smartly leverages the friendly and efficient MS Excel user interface, and the powerful data management capability of MS SQL Server.
- Users define business logic, design data report templates, and process business data all in MS Excel, which lowers the learning curve and the maintenance costs of the whole system.
- The business data and logic is centrally stored and managed in MS SQL Server.
- Powerful workflow support, which makes Excel Server a perfect EAI platform. Each work item on the workflow chain is data-driven, and closely integrated into the overall business process. The real-time progress of the workflow processing can be traced and monitored at any time.
- All data sources can be inter-connected and referenced within and across the organization boundary, securing the data integrity for the whole enterprise.
- The "data fetcher" and "data writer" make data cross-referencing an easy task, and minimize the data redundancy and maintenance cost.
- Flexible and carefully designed authorization and authentication make business process run in a highly secure environment, and adaptable to future organization structural changes.
- Can process business logic and data directly on the Web, making the organization's business extensible to every place where an Internet connection is available.
- Supports cluster-based deployment and centralized system administration.