Taxonomy-based item and document classification in SharePoint 2010 / 2013 helps users to find the information they need much faster, it gives context to the cloud, connect users to social networks, provides portal-wide activity feeds and enables a new way to access information ? independent of the storage location. The Taxonomy Manager offers a complete taxonomy life-cycle management application to import, create, deploy, improve and export terms. Additionally it extends the term store to add more advanced attribute to terms, like content classification rules. Classification rules are used for automated or semi-automated content classification tools like Auto-Tagger and Tag Suggester.
* Advanced import / update features: Support of additional formats to import free and commercially available taxonomies, e.g. SKOS. Out-of-the-box SharePoint supports CSV only, localization and synonyms are not supported by default.
* Export feature: Taxonomy Manager allows exporting SharePoint-based corporate taxonomies without any loss of information into several different formats, e.g. SKOS. Out-of-the-box SharePoint doesn't offer any export.
* Update feature: Allows update of changed taxonomies without loss of applied tags or terms, e.g. for deployment to production server.
* Management of custom term attributes: You can add and manage additional custom term attributes. Out-of-the-box there is an API only in SharePoint 2010 for managing custom term properties.
* Classification rules: You can create and manage tag rules for content-based auto-classification including rule auto-generation and rule validation. Out-of-the-box classification rules are not supported by SharePoint 2010.
* Term relationship management (planned): You can point to completely different terms, that are related to the current term in any way. Related terms can be used e.g. for advanced navigation features.
* 100% SharePoint 2010 / 2013, certified as Platform Ready for Microsoft SharePoint.
Related Searches: SharePoint, taxonomy, import, export, update, term, term store, SKOS, category, categorizer, classification, rules, managed metadata, enterprise keywords, tagging, autotagging, deployment
Recent Changes: Not Established
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English, German
Additional Requirements: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 / 2013 (All on-premise Editions)