Modern computers' power is enough to let you run numerous applications at the same time. You can surf the Internet, listen to the music and chat with your friends at the same time, but the more tasks you launch, the harder it gets to manage them. Second monitor may seema s way out, but AltDesk gives you a better choice. It creates several Virtual Desktops you can easily switch. Switching from an office application to your favorite Internet browser can be done in a blink of an eye without maximizing and minimizing numerous windows manually or switching them by means of the Taskbar. With AltDesk you can create as many Virtual Desktops as you want and switch them with ease. You don't even need to remember, where you've put a certain application's window as its icon is displayed by AltDesk. You can also easily swap tasks between Desktops, using Drag and Drop.
But let's say you travel a lot, or you have to work on several computers located in different offices, or just use Internet cafes or kiosks very often, but regardless of that you want your personal registered copy of AltDesk always to be at hand. Impossible? Not at all!
Gladiators Software company has released portable version of AltDesk, which can be stored on any removable data medium (CD, USB flash drive, etc.) and used on any computer you need. Just plug in the removable drive, start AltDesk, work (or play:)) and take your AltDesk with you after you finish.
A brief list of AltDesk features includes:
* Easy task managing
* Simple, user-friendly interface, translated into more than 40 languages
* Little resource consumption
* Hotkeys for any actions
* Skins for changing the program's appearance
* Reliablity: even in case of a failure you'll be able to recover the lost application's window.
* Numerous advanced features, like setting unique wallpapers for each Virtual Desktop, sticky apps, autorun and so on.
Recent Changes: - Individual set of icons for every Virtual Desktop is possible now.
- All the tasks can be simultaneously moved to the desired Desktop by means of the corresponding option in the context menu.
- Task switching takes less time.
- Lots of bugfixes