PaperCut NG is print management software designed to offer features like print quotas, tracking, and control to promote the responsible use of IT resources. It's a premium cross-platform solution specifically designed to meet the needs of schools, universities and other organizations. Implementations range from silent monitoring, quota control to user-pays systems.
PaperCut NG leads the way with innovative features, cross-platform support, source code access and enterprise level scalability.
A 40-day unrestricted trial version is available for download.
* Innovative 100% web-based administration allowing admin control from anywhere on the network.
* Cross-platform support for both servers and clients. Available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Novell and Unix.
* Differential print charging allowing costs to be defined per printer with varied prices for color, duplex and large form printing.
* Many print management features including toner level detection and printer error alerts.
* TopUp/PrePaid Cards - ideal for student payment management.
* Print release stations for secure printing, or for pay-per-print usage in public libraries or internet cafes.
* Manage wireless and unauthenticated printing from user-owned devices (Web Print).
* Advanced reporting in PDF, HTML and Excel.
* Charge printing to shared accounts - great for allocating printing costs to departments, faculties or cost centers.
* Import users and groups from Active Directory or an LDAP server like Novell eDirectory or OpenDirectory.
* Scalability up to 100,000+ users with the option to take this further with application server clustering.
* Option to use external databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, the free Microsoft SQL Server Express, the free/open source PostgreSQL database engine and the free/open source MySQL database.
* Full support for multiple print servers and monitoring of local desktop printers.
* Error notifications when printers are in error.