Boot Corrector is a system utility designed to resolve various problems which users may encounter during the system boot process. These problems may be caused by program errors or user mistakes, or become the results of boot virus activity.
Here is the list of operations that Boot Corrector provides to counter main boot problems:
1. Searches for valid Windows installations (Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003).
2. Corrects drive letters in the System Registry of a selected Windows installation.
3. Edits the Boot.ini file of a selected Windows installation.
6. Corrects the boot record for a selected Windows installation (increments the Serial Number, corrects the partition offset, makes a copy of the boot record, corrects the Bootsect.dos file if exists).
7. Sets the active partition.
8. Hides/unhides partitions. 9. Changes Serial Numbers.
10. Changes Partition IDs.
11. Displays the Master Boot Record (MBR) in the understandable form.
12. Displays partition properties.
13. Creates the boot correction report, displays, saves and prints it.