With MakeVM you can:
* Clone your Real OS to VMWare, VirtualPC or Parallels Workstation;
* Clone your Virtual OS between virtualization software of different Vendors;
* Convert/clone/compact virtual disks with file system-level optimization.
Create your own/edit existing Virtual Machine to play with VMWare (R) Player or other compatible virtualization software.
Manage your virtual hardware settings, set new virtual hardware, including new virtual disks and attach hard disks to VMWare virtual machine. With MakeVM you may even attach your USB flash drives as physical disks for virtual machine that is not works with VMWare virtual machine management software.
With its advanced 'Custom clone' feature you may:
* Clone your physical hard drive (including USB drives) to VMWare .VMDK, Virtual PC .VHD or Parallels Workstation .HDD to make it to be a virtual disk for Virtual Machine; this feature includes real Operation System transfer to virtual machine (see notice below);
* MS Virtual PC, VMWare and Parallels Workstation sparse disks conversion from one format to another (their flat disk are compatible);
FLAT disks to variable size (extensible, sparse) conversion (supports RAW, VMWare, VirtualPC, Parallels flat disks as source);
* Varible size VMWare, VirtualPC and Parallels Workstation disks compacting: if you have many files deleted, MakeVM allows you to clone your sparse disk to new one and skip unallocated disk space to make it much smaller; this feature works with FAT32 and NTFS file systems; This feature involves file system-level optimization, so may work much better than 'standard' compacting tools
* Combine all features above into single 'conversion' process.
* With 'Deirect clone...' feature you may just convert one sparse disk format to another with no processing (VHD/VMDK/HDD to VHD/VMDK/HDD).