Universal Viewer is an advanced file viewer with wide range of formats supported. Implemented view modes and corresponding file formats are:
* Text, Binary, Hex, Unicode: any files, of unlimited size (even 4Gb+ sizes are allowed);
* RTF/UTF-8: RTF and UTF-8 encoded texts;
* Image: all general graphics formats: BMP JPG GIF PNG TGA TIFF... plus all formats supported by IrfanView/XnView external viewers;
* Multimedia: all formats supported by MS Windows Media Player: AVI MPG WMV MP3...;
* Internet: all formats supported by MS Internet Explorer: HTML PDF XML MHT...;
* Plugins: all formats supported by Total Commander Lister plugins;
* MS Office: formats of MS Office (if installed): DOC DOCX XLS PPT...
Application is fully Unicode-compatible and can be integrated into Windows Explorer's context menu, so there is no problem to call it from anywhere in Explorer: right-click on a file and select "Universal Viewer" item. It can also be integrated into other popular file managers.
Comparing to Lister, it has some major advantages:
* Full support for Unicode filenames;
* Built-in functions of several plugins: images, multimedia, webpages view;
* Support for multiple codepages: ANSI, OEM, EBCDIC, ISO, KOI8, Mac etc.;
* Toolbar, status bar, other interface improvements;
* Auto-reloading of file, "Follow tail" option;
* Displaying of line numbers;
* Displaying of non-printable characters;
* Combined Unicode/Hex mode;
* More modern RegEx search library;
* Print preview.